Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Alphabet according to RagDoll K-M

Continuing on... For A-G (CLICK HERE) For H-J (CLICK HERE) K is for Kyudo. I am fascinated by traditional Japanese Archery. I have always admired archers, archery and the beauty of a well made bow. As a little girl I loved the 'stories' of Artemis/Diana, and Robin Hood was a favorite tale of mine. I dabbled a bit in archery while in college and loved the way a bow felt in my hands, and it was a discipline that was a welcome form of stress release. I am attracted to Kyudo for in its most pure form, it is practiced as an art and means of moral and spiritual development rather than a sport.
  • Also for Kelp Forests in Monterey Bay, Karma and Knives. Sharp pointy items. There are so many incredibly made knives. My favorite is still an old simple kitchen knife that my Grandfather gave me. It has seen kitchen duty longer than he has been married. It has been sharpened many times, and the handle is worn, but it is better than the fancy expensive 'ginsu' or whatever brand knife I received as a wedding gift 6 years ago.
  • I want to visit Kaua'i
L is for Language. I would love to be proficient in every single language ever invented. I am fascinated by the fact that there are so many different ways to say something. Whether it be completely different language dialect or perhaps just the way something is said. Words are beautiful, ugly, soft, harsh and powerful. If you wanted to be able to say 'Hello' in every single language, you would have to learn at least 2,796 ways to say the same thing. And this does not even count 'fictional' languages such as Klingon, Quenya, Sindarin or Khuzdul. And if you at least 'recognize' these languages and where they come from, you are indeed someone I could chat with for hours.
  • Also for Lionfish, Librarys and Limericks (My favorite: There was an Old Person of Buda, Whose conduct grew ruder and ruder; Till at last, with a hammer,They silenced his clamour, By smashing that Person of Buda. -E. Lear )
  • I want to visit London

M is for Mythology. My favorite class in college was World Mythology. In grade school when other kids were reading comics and Choose Your Own Adventures, I had my nose buried in various mytholgy volumes. Norse, Greek,African, Japanese, Native American, Irish,Indian,Arthurian Legend and World Mythology and Folklore Compilations. My book case is covered in them. No wonder I love Tolkiens work.

  • Also for Music, Magic and Monty Python and The Holy Grail. 'Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?'
  • I want to visit Monaco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Image hosted by Photobucket.com United Kingdom
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com