Train of thoughts:OR How to get from Point A (Cake) to Point B (Song Lyrics). Does your train stay on track? And THEN, name that tune!
On one of the boards I visit , someone started a thread called 'Random Thoughts'. Everyone posts some random thought that floats through their head.
Now, if you are like me, random thoughts run rampant in the halls of your mind. My train of thought tends to derail, and switches tracks mid travel at times. As the conductor, I tend to daydream and just watch the scenery as it goes by, so forgive me if I happen to be staring into space and do not acknowlege your presence. I do not mean to be rude. I am just lost in my imagination.
What are some of your Random thoughts? I am curious.
RagDolls RandomTrain of thoughts: (I'll use my response to the post I mentioned as a starting point.)
'The cake in Helenas picture looks good. I think I'll go bake a cake.
Did I let the dogs back inside? I like the word 'anon'. I think that we should bring back some archaic words.What kind of word is archaic? Speaking of cake, I should go bake one. '
*From aforementioned post.
So I baked an Orange Creamsicle Cake. It came from a box. I never learn. 'Complicated' concoctions from boxes never meet your expectations. The cake itself was delish, but the 'frosting' made me think 'I bet you this is what cold cream tastes like'. I think my teeth are shriveling from the sugar. I need to bake another cake to satisfy my shriveled sweet tooth. Where did the term sweet tooth come from? And what the hell is a sweet meat? Meat tidbits covered in sugar? Doused in syrup?
I got laughed at once for wondering about the term sweet meat, and the fact that I used the words 'tidbits' and 'doused'. Who uses those words anymore? I DO! People who actually read for entertainment and not because they HAVE to, use those words.
I love words. Words like 'anon', 'betide', 'betwixt', 'raiment', 'absolve', 'phial', 'filament','images', 'vicariously','lyrics'.
Speaking of lyrics. What are some lyrics that stand out in your mind? I love how Duran Duran used " Straddle the line, in discord and rhyme ". Or how about some from one of my favorite songs EVER!:
"Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed
Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, whose sounds caress my ear
But not a word heard could I relate, the story was quite clear"
Now...NAME THAT TUNE! Don't forget to leave me some of your random thoughts. I promise to give them a good home with plenty of room to wander.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home