Just hear those sleigh bells ringleing...ring ting ting a ling...
Yes, the local radio station has begun it's annual format change to all Christmas Carols, all the time. Geez Louise! They are pulling some random assed crap out of their vaults. In my opinion they should have been left there to rot. I mean, there is a good reason some of these songs are not on the brainwash rotation shopping malls play. For instance, some woman who sounds like a bleating goat is doing her eardrum shattering rendition of 'O Holy Night' right now, but I am too lazy to get up and change the station. The so called 'choir' backing her up on the chorus does nothing to improve this version/ I am hoping against hope that a really 'cool' song will come on soon. Perhaps a little Nat King Cole? Or Elvis? Gods, I will even be happy with Frosty the Snowman!
And another thing...what kind of word is ringleing? Am I even spelling that right? Don't get me wrong, I like the song...just not this version. The singer sounds way to chipper. Even for a holiday song.
But really, I am not complaining (not that much). I could just as easily pop in a CD or turn it off, but it takes more energy than I care to give it right now. Instead I will brain-dump about it here!
Does it bother anyone else that Christmas was being pushed on us before Halloween even arrived? *Commercialism*cough*marketing*cough*
And I have already been sucked into it. I LOVE to give presents! I love shopping for gifts. I love wrapping them up. I love the suspense, and I did I mention I love to give presents? I am giddy this holiday, because Bebe is now old enough to get a grasp on the whole concept. He may not completely understand yet, but it so much fun! My goal this year is to visit DIsneyland while the holiday decorations are up. The boy and I are huge fans of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas', so we are eagerly awaiting our visit. The husband has promised to take us this year! *SQUEAL!*
I am also dreading Thanksgiving. Actually, I dread the day after Thanksgiving because that means Christmas will be here faster than I can blink. I start to drool everytime I think about Thanksgiving! We will be spending it with my Mom, Dad and youngest sister this year. And true to form, my contribution will be dessert! Yes, a very untradtional Guava Chiffon Cake from Aki's Bakery! It is my calling card to every event, they are that good. I think I will bring 2, so there is enough to go around!
I shall scarf down copious amounts of turkey and then top it off with about a 1/4 of one of the cakes. I will then be prepared to tackle shopping on 'Black Friday'. I forgot that I had promised my mother in law that I would go with her. Maybe this year the scottish shortbread and fudge from the craft fair will actually make it to the intended recipients. Last year I caved and demolished it ALL. Yes, you read that right. ALL OF IT! *Shrugs shoulders* Oh well. I enjoyed every last morsel of it too. Here's to willpower this year!
How will YOU be spending the Friday after Thanksgiving?(Americans.) For the non-americans, when do YOU start getting into the holidays (if you celebrate)?
TIP OF THE DAY:
Christmas gift suggestions from Oren Arnold: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
















3 Comments:
You crack me up. "ringleing" is a ridiculous word if you ask me.
I hope you ahve a great T-day and enjoy the Christmas season :)
Ho ho ho!
It's "ring-a-ling".
Like:
"Just hear those sleigh belss ring-a-ling, ting, ting, ting-a-ling"... it is mimicking the bell sound.
I love Christmas. ;)
ITA with the commercialization of it all, though. It is 100% a commercial holiday in our books, but fa real, I hate that Ameicans are so pimped out by it. Just relax. I can't ever see going in debt over it.
I say this on the heels of Black Friday shopping.
So, did you gals trek out on black friday? I went to a craft show, and wussed out on everything else.
jennifer...somehow I don't even think I got the lyrics right. Isn't it 'jingle-ing' instead of ring a ling? oh well.
Post a Comment
<< Home