Monday, August 30, 2004

I am in a Dell generated computer HELL

Day 4 of trying to regain control of my laptop! Here I sit at a now ancient HP Desktop. I can't believe how frigging slow this is. Today has put the seal on my conviction that Dell is running a conspiracy to drive me to the looney bin. It all started with the Printer. THEN on Saturday Internet Explorer decides that it is no longer compatible with my Windows Explorer program! I CAN NO LONGER CLICK ON MY DESKTOP FOLDERS OR WINDOWS EXPLORER WITHOUT AN ERROR WINDOW! Dammit all! I have been logging in to safe mode to back up EVERYTHING I can. Stupid me did not do a backup of any of the pictures from my digital camera SINCE MARCH. I am now paying for my folly by filling up 56 floppies, and no end in sight! I KNEW I should have bought that jump drive, the CD burner, should have backed up files as I went. I should have learned in March when I had to reinstall my OS for the SECOND time. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Is it too late to climb to the roof like Santa, and chuck my laptop from its heights? I'm beginning to wonder if NetZero had a hand in this, since NOW I am having issues with my trusty 'OLD' computer and Internet Explorer. OH lovely NetScape. Thank you for salvaging my sanity. Let's not mention the fact that I had to deprogram Bebé this evening. I felt so bad, for laughing my ass off at him. My son is a drama king. Let me give some history to todays 'episode'. He has been at Grandma and Papas house since Saturday( Land of forbidden treats, swimming pool and general spoilage). Now, I am prepared for the fact that I must deal with these 'episodes' everytime he comes homes from such jaunts. However, I was not prepared for the terrible acting that I witnessed today. Tantrums are not entertained here. In fact, we have to walk away from them, for fear he will see us choking down laughter. Once he opened his eyes, and realized that his audience had deserted him, he wandered over to us, dropped to the floor with a sigh, and then either a) "banged" his head on nearest surface and 'cry' or b)flailedl around like a fish out of water on the floor.Performance repeated several times over the course of 3 hours!!! I gave him sippies of water every now and then, and patted him on the back with a "OH poor thing, I understand that your mad. Come get a hug when you are ready!" ( By the way, he would have none of the cuddling, and he can't stand being ignored. I really have no idea what ignited this breakdown. I vaugely remember a demand for "ohOhs aka Oreos". )I guess you have to be there, or have(had) a toddler to see the humor in this. I really felt sorry. He tries so hard to deliver an emmy worthy performance, to gain the sympathy he deserves. Instead. Mean Mama and DadDad find the performance comical. How dare we! There, I feel a little better. At this rate, it will be another week before I am back online. Note to self. SCREW the Disneyland Season Pass for Christmas. I want a CD burner and a Zip Drive! Bartender....I need "One bourbon, one scotch and one BEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Image hosted by Photobucket.com United Kingdom
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com