Sims 2. Time-wastage, virtual crack or harmless PC game?
Wanna know what I have been up to for the past couple of weeks? SIMS 2. I have been creating microcosms, neigborhoods, families and homes. I have been downloading customs skins, eye colors, hair styles, houses, lots and clothing for my virtual characters. I have basically populated an entire neighborhood with the characters of my story and am now in the process of lanscaping and decorating the homes and neighborrhoods.
YES kids. I have been playing with my Sims 2 while on the road. (I want to buy the inventor(s) of the inverter a beer or two.) And, now that I am back in the the middle of nowhere with no DSL, I have been glued to the screen of my laptop when not running around the yard with the boy chasing poultry and chihuhuas, or cooking food just because I am bored, and not hungry.
I am now on a mission to buy the expansion packs. THANKS MISHA. Thanks a whole bunch for introducing me to the Sims. Actually, it has helped kick me away from the writers block I have had, so I can work on my writing and not want to toss the entire thing into the fireplace.
Anyone else hooked on PC or Video Games in general? I finally got myself off of Evercrack...I mean, EVERQUEST, and Animal Crossing. I am so tempted to pick of WOW, but who knows what dark path that will lead to! So I am back on The Sims. So , tell me, (mainly so I can feel a little better about my addiction) what games are you into?

1 Comments:
The Sims 2 is all of the above and more. It's a waste of time, it's as addictive as crack, and for the moderately uninterested (whoever that is) it's a harmless PC game. But you forgot a few things. It's also a marriage destroyer or legal grounds for divorce. It promotes child neglect, and it creates the perfect environment for poor work ethics on the job. Poor work ethics include showing up late for work, or not showing up at all, rushing through work in order to return to the Sims, or simply not completing work tasks at all. The Sims 2 can also be used to create a filthy, slovenly home environment as cleaning and home maintenance get tossed by the wayside. Ok, so how do I know all this? Because I'm a Sims addict and I've experienced all of the above on one level or another. Harmless? For me, this game is treacherous! But I love it and I ain't giving it up.
Post a Comment
<< Home