Saturday, November 19, 2005

My muse and what she inspires.

Tip Of The Day
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London
My Muse has led me down some of the darker paths in the gardens of my memory lately. Well, I guess she does that every time I am inspired to write a 'wrap-around'. Proof being the last 3 I have done. (I have posted all of them.)
Each of us is like a desert, and a literary work is like a cry from the desert, or like a pigeon let loose with a message in its claws, or like a bottle thrown into the sea. The point is: to be heard -- even if by one single person. - Francois Mauriac
I am very pleased with the results, since they seem to have spoken to many people. Unfortunately, what those words were telling my close friends and family scared them enough to ask me if I was OK! I swear I had a flashback from highschool. I was dragged into the office after writing a short story about a teenaged pyromaniac. Ahhh, success! It is a great feeling to know that I have managed to capture the attention and imagination of my reader. I apologize that it is at the expense of the concern of my family. *Note-They(the wrap-arounds) do not concern anyone that is physically in my life right now. He just f-ed up good enough to torment me for the rest of my life it seems. Hey, at least the first one had a happy ending! I wrote about someone who didn't screw me up in that one, even though butthead is in it too!*
If a story is in you, it has got to come out. - William Faulkner
I was JUST thinking that my Muse and I should tread down sunnier paths and write about lighter things. However, I think that 'Last Request' has been taking up all my energy. According to some tips and guidelines for writers, I have already broken several 'rules' concerning the naming of characters, and the way my 'world is set up', but I don''t care at this point. It is what I see, and what the characters themselves are telling me. Perhaps one day,I will care and re-write it, but I have to finish the first draft first right? Anyhow. Close friends have also told me that they would like to see me update more than I have. *Scratches head* My story has been sucking up more creative energy than I thought! My blog seems neglected in comparison. (Along with that still missing pile of mail I should have sent out days ago , My 'blogging' computer and chair are buried in my office. I conducted a search party to find them so I could type this entry!)
In the end, all books are written for your friends. - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
For those of you with the requests, what would you like to see? More stories from the field? (Stories about the Corporal), more wraparounds? Creative writing? Updates on what I have been doing? Pictures and stories from my past? Thanks to a friend I was reunited with recently, I went and dug up a whole bunch of pictures and letters from highschool. I promise to try and update more. I think I need a break from 'Last Request' if it leads to the mental purging that created 'Wherever I may Roam'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Image hosted by Photobucket.com United Kingdom
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com