Friday, February 11, 2005

Feedback from "Your mission, should you choose to accept it..."

Here are the Comments from the Peanut Gallery regarding the Meme from The Birdwoman, and my responses. "Recap: A. First, recommend to me (or list your favorite): 1. A movie, 2. A book, and 3. A musical artist, song, or album B. I want everyone who reads this to ask me three questions, no more, no less. Ask me anything you want." ----------------------------------------------------------- a.1 pride and prejudice, bbc version a.2 undead and unwed a.3 incubus - make yourself b.1 Legolas or Aragorn? b.2 Why? b.3 If you could know the truth about one historical event/person, like, get up close personal detail, what or who would it be? From: (*)> birdwoman 02.09.05 - 7:48 am # b.1 Legolas or Aragorn? Legolas b.2 Why? I had a long assed reply and haloscan ate it. Readers Digest Condensed version: I looked at it from both "who I'd most like to be" and "who I'd most like to be romantically linked to". Even though Aragorn found one of the rarest of loves in Arwen, overcame inner demons to claim his right to be king, was a natural leader, a healer and enjoyed a relatively long life span (He was 87 during the War of The Ring IIRC), Legolas won out. Immortality afforded the ability to hone his knowlege of anything he wanted. (Ahhh there is so much I want to learn and do in my lifetime!) He was a skilled warrior using Bow, arrows and long knife. Had keen sight and hearing. Overcame 'racial barrier' to become great friends with Gimli. (Elves and Dwarves not being on the best of terms.) I can always use the Mary-Sue response...he's a hot elvin Prince, (you know what they say about Elves...) what's not to love? Either way, I'd most like to be like or with Legolas (given the choice of Legolas or Aragorn.) b.3 if you could know the truth about one historical event/person, like, get up close personal detail, what or who would it be? Person: Toss up between chatting with J.R.R. Tolkien about his linguistic and literary skills, and hanging out with Galileo, poring over his drawings and documents. Event: I'd love to put it to rest already...WHO THE HELL SHOT JFK?? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A1. Secondhand Lion - It'd be good to watch with yer boy. A2. Go Ask Alice A3. Roy Orbison - The Very Best of... B1. Do you live your life by listening to your heart or your mind? B2. Would you rather give or receive? sam Homepage 02.10.05 - 10:39 am # B1. Do you live your life by listening to your heart or your mind? Usually my heart. B2. Would you rather give or recieve? Give. Santa Claus has the right idea. From: sam 02.10.05 - 10:39 am # -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A1. Finding Neverland A2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time A3. Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morrisette B1. Who's your favorite politician? B2. Why? B3. If you were Commander in Chief what's the first thing you'd do? From: Chris - 02.10.05 - 11:35 am # B1. Who's your favorite politician? Ronald Reagan B2. Why? While there were many things that he did that I did not agree with, there were many more things that I admired. He had tenacity, battled for Social Security reform, economics reform (even though we saw a severe recession in '82), I'd go on, but I'm not one to chat politics. I firmly believe that Ronald Reagan was/is a major influence in the shaping of America. B3. If you were Commander in Chief what's the first thing you'd do? I really have no idea policy wise...where does one really start? But I really really want a ride in one of those killer military helicopters -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for the recommendations! I will definately be following your advice! Especially the movies. I can't wait to see Finding Neverland, and I loved Secondhand Lion and the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (I think I will pull that book out for a re-read as well.) Great questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Image hosted by Photobucket.com United Kingdom
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com