Monday, August 23, 2004

Are 2 computers really necessary

Yes, I have 2 computers, side by side. I have a nice new laptop sitting all comfy in it's docking station, and I am staring at a lovely 18" (I think...it is quite large) flatscreen monitor. Yet, if I actually want to PRINT something, I must save it to a floppy, fire up the second computer, and plug in floppy, just to print anything! My less than a year old printer is NOT compatible with my laptop! WTF? When I first installed it, it worked fine. Then I had to re-install windows to the laptop and all hell broke loose. A stop error occurs if I have the printer hooked up to it, and the cursing and talking to myself starts. i think the worst thing is, the old computer has ALL of my Sims programs and files. I do not have the Sims discs, so I cannot add it to my my laptop! NOOOOO! NOT MY SIMS! Epson has no fix for me. They say either the problem is the USB connection or to reinstall windows. NO F-ing way! It has been suggested to me that I upgrade to windows XP. i just want to use the printer as a wheel chock at this point. I'm seriously contemplating F it all, and buying a new printer. I have TWO frigging Epson Stylus Photo 925 printers (one is BRAND NEW IN THE BOX DAMMIT), and neither of them WORK with my stupid laptop! Anyone want the new one, cheap? So I can have some fundage for a new one? It works fine on the stupid windows 98, but windows 2000 on my laptop is a whole 'nother animal. I personally think it is Dell's private campaign to force you to buy a printer from THEM, rather anyone else. It's not like I have a ton of room to begin with. I tire of this whole song and dance, just to get a frigging page printed.

3 Comments:

Blogger TQ said...

Hmm..so the Dell 700M wide screen laptop with Dell printer that I have ordered and should be here(at my home that is teehee) will run fine together? and they wireless broadband will work fine too? (If you knew what I had been using for a couple years you would tell me I deserved it!) Good luck :D

8/24/2004 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is a wheel chock? :)

8/25/2004 07:38:00 AM  
Blogger RagDoll said...

TQ, enjoy your widescreen! You will become quickly spoiled!!! I want to upgrade to wi-fi as soon as I can figure out this printer mess!

GMS, I want to shove the printer behind the wheel of our work truck when it is parked. A wheel chock (I'm sure I'm not spelling it right)acts as a "safety" to (hopefully) prevent the truck from rolling. I sometimes forget they are there, and gas the pedal, running over the chock. Boy, would I love to smash that printer!

8/25/2004 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Image hosted by Photobucket.com United Kingdom
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com